Why be a teacher?


    I want to be the type of educator I never had as a student. I often think about my time in school and the lack of interest the teachers had in the success of their students. This negligent approach to education led many of my classmates and I to just drop out. I didn't come to realize the true value of education and learning until 15 years later.
    Looking back on the decisions I made as a youth I try not to be regretful, but it is difficult when I think of how much further I could be in a career that means something to me. It becomes difficult to think of the years between then and now as I pursue a career I am passionate about as lost time. The benefit to continuing my education now is that I can be a roll model to my son, and show him that education is important and valuable.

Comments

Activities

Classroom

Content area

Popular posts from this blog

Google Slides

Pinterest